PB Plastic Trim

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by chrisleeroth, Jun 22, 2005.

1. chrisleeroth macrumors member

Apr 19, 2005
    What's up with the plastic trim on my 17 inch powerbook? On the left side above the telephone modem and charger the plastic looks like it is going to come out and also on top of my superdrive the plastic trim moves and bugs the hell out of me when i place my palm on top of it. Anyone else have this problem? I feel like glueing it to the powerbook itself so that it stays in place. I think apple should of used a higer gauge plastic so it is not so flimsy.
  2. killuminati macrumors 68020

Dec 6, 2004
    I have the same problem. The trim around my superdrive is coming off and I can't get it to stay back. There's also dirt this grimy dirt stuff that I found in it. Not good.

I was wondering if its ok to put some superglue or something in there, just to fill up that gap.
  3. witness macrumors 6502

Apr 7, 2005
    When I got my PowerBook the plastic was loose on the left side, I just used a screwdriver to loosen the screws then held everything tight whilst retightening the screws.

Apple's quality control isn't that great these days :(
  4. chrisleeroth thread starter macrumors member

Apr 19, 2005
    I just wish I could take it in and they could fix it. But I doubt that they would do that.