PB Shipping Woes?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by geoffism, Feb 8, 2005.

1. geoffism macrumors regular

geoffism

Is anyone else having nightmare issues with the shipping of their new Powerbook?

Ordered 15" BTO on Jan 31st, 10 a.m. ET
    100G HD
    128 Vcard
    1G Ram

Originally said 2/7, now says 2/23 (as in ship date).

2. victor_patv macrumors member

Nothing that major but,

All my accessories (Bt mouse & keyboard, extra battery, cords) are shipping through Same Day Right Away (Canada) are untraceable and coming at an undecided time even though they shipped on the 2nd.
    My FedEx tracking# for my PB actually comes up as leaving China, so my lesson is get on the phone and ask for FedEx.
    Hopefully everything works out for you.

3. russed macrumors 68000

russed

even though i dont have a new pb on order (i wish i did!) but when i got mine it was a right pain. it was delayed several times (put back by about 3 weeks in total) and then when it shipped it looked like it went half the way around the world and back (i think it visited 5 counties in europe!) till they finally decided to give it to me!

4. geoffism thread starter macrumors regular

geoffism

I'm litterally ready to beg & plead with the Apple PB chefs!

I didn't have this problem with the first one.

Should I change my configuration?

5. mcl macrumors regular

Heh. I'm about 15 mins from 1 Infinite Loop myself.

I ordered a 17" stock last night, and it's also scheduled to ship on 2/17. I think they're just waiting on more inventory.

6. dxm113 macrumors member

"Originally said 2/7, now says 2/23 (as in ship date)."

ordered my 15" BTO (only upgrade was 128 VRAM) on 2/3

apple online store still says it'll ship by 2/10 (as of this moment)

. . . hope my PB doesn't suffer the same fate!

7. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Hehe.

'Poo'.

Ordered my 15" 1.67 GHz BTO on February 5th. Shipping date has always been on or before February 22nd. Boo.

8. AdmittedPCuser macrumors member

I ordered my new powerbook as well and the AppleCare shipped via Sameday in Canada. Sameday wont have tracking information on the delivery until it hits Canada and by that point you usually get it the next day... good thing they don't ship the notebooks via sameday to Canada.

9. carpet macrumors member

Why didnt you just buy the 17 in the store?

10. evilernie macrumors 6502

evilernie

Amazon

Just checked out Amazon to see when they might ship the 17".

April 15th! :eek:

I'm heading to the Apple store this weekend, it might be worth paying the tax to just have the thing now... :D

11. therevolution macrumors 6502

When a machine is "BTO," it means it is customized (for example, bigger hard drive, more VRAM, etc). Stores only sell stock models.

12. mcl macrumors regular

None of the Apple Stores in the SF Bay area have them yet.

But, HOLY CRAP! I just checked my order status (I've been obsessively doing so every 10 minutes since ordering the thing yesterday), and....

...IT SHIPPED! WOOT! *BOUNCE*

13. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

My order was a stock 15" 1.67 Superdrive. Originally said 2/7 and was changed to 2/23 yesterday. I canceled and went to the Apple Store today. Tying on it as we speak. Sweet...

14. mcl macrumors regular

Ok, apparently I'm going to be saying "holy crap!" quite a bit tonight.

I just got the confirmation of shipping from Apple, with a tracking number.

It's not being shipped from China, but from Sacramento, CA! And it's scheduled to be delivered TOMORROW!!!

*sound of jaw hitting floor*

I smell a sick day at work tomorrow...

15. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

is the mini having similar problems BTO? If so i may be more skeptical about purchasing one right away... Cause if i were y'all i'd be pissed off too BTW...

16. victor_patv macrumors member

I Spoke too Soon!!!

FedEx said my PB had gotten to Alaska from China and passed through it's sorting centre, but now FedEx claims there has been a delay beyond their control and it say's it's shipping from China again (back at the first stage).
    What's going on? Did they lie/make a mistake? or Break it and have to ship another one?
    Fed Ex and their tracking system has always been good in the past, but this is weird.

17. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

oh man, you guys are such noobs .... the international time zones confuse the fedex system ... thats all there is too it. I've gotten machines overnight from Taiwan, as I said in the other thread ... relllllax

18. Zazette macrumors newbie

WTF!?!?

I can't believe what is happening to me!!! I ordered a Powerbook 17" not BTO on the 01/31/2005 and it was due to ship on or before 02/08/2005. This morning I checked the status and it's now on or before 03/03/2005!!!!

I am such in pain. How come some of you have ordered their PB after me and already got it!! I ordered my PB the day it was introduced. Isn't the shipping like first arrived, first served??? OMG it hurts... What can I do?

19. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Mine, 12" extra ram, shipped on Sunday from Shanghai via UPS and the last update was a departure scan in Anchorage at 23:09 on Sunday with a delivery date of 8 Feb. (Yesterday) Today it's showing the same info. Not good considering it hasn't been updated in 36 hours.

20. Zazette macrumors newbie

I hate you... :eek:

Hey nothing personal here but it is so unfair!

21. bcharm macrumors member

According to the UPS website, my 12" PowerBook w/Superdrive departed Anchorage at 5:20pm on Sunday, but hasn't had any new tracking information since then. I called up UPS at 1-800-742-5877, gave my tracking number, got transferred to the international shipping branch, and found out that my first PowerBook should be arriving tomorrow. :D

22. geoffism thread starter macrumors regular

geoffism

I'm right there with you. I sent a couple emails trying to find out, just to put my mind at ease, and I got the exact same response both times (obviously canned answers) - "due to unforseen manufacturing delays".

My only gripe here, is that a couple buddies of mine ordered the exact same config - 15"/BTO/SD/100G/1G/128 - and got theirs on monday.

So when I called apple, to find out if I needed to change my configuration, just to get it faster, and offered up the "break your order up and it might get faster". With that being said, I will receive my AppleCare & Spare Battery on friday. They will occupy a space on my desk for approximately 2 weeks before I get my PB.

Great suggestion Apple. ;) Now, those parts will be taunting me.

23. mcl macrumors regular

Don't feel bad for it. I think it's completely unfair too. If I was in your shoes, I'd be majorly P.O.'d!