PB UK Keyboards Available?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ecosse011172, Mar 23, 2005.

1. ecosse011172 macrumors member

Hi,
    Are Powerbooks only available with International English keyboards or also with UK Keyboard layout?

Cheers
    Denis

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Powerbooks sold in the UK come with UK keyboards with the £ sign above the 3 as usual

The only oddity if you're coming from a Windows keyboard is that the " and @ keys are switched. And you need to use the alt key to get a #

3. ecosse011172 thread starter macrumors member

The reason I ask is that I live in France, want to order a PB so I'm unsure whether to do it through Apple UK or Apple France as I want a UK keyboard and the French site only seems to offer International English as an option.

4. thequicksilver macrumors 6502a

thequicksilver

I was in the exact same position as you when I ordered my iBook - I was living in Paris but wanted a British keyboard. I spoke to Apple and they told me they could indeed deliver me a new iBook with a British keyboard, but only if I wanted a stock machine - ie no building to order. As I wanted quite a few extras built in - notably Bluetooth and the largest hard drive going - this wouldn't do.

In the end I took the slightly more expensive way out and ordered the machine from the British store to be delivered to my parents' house. They then forwarded it on to me in Paris. You may have to do the same thing.

**EDIT** - By the way, I got the reply about the possible delivery from Apple UK, not Apple France. May be worth your while giving them a bell.

5. ecosse011172 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Quicksilver,

I called Apple UK, said it wouldn't be a problem but didn't mention any extra charges, I didn't mention that I want a non stock machine so better call again. I'll call Apple France too and see what they say. I think I'll wait till April 1st to see if the rumours are true about Tiger before I order though ...