PB/windows on CSI

Discussion in 'Community' started by dorqiekat, Dec 25, 2004.

1. dorqiekat macrumors 6502a

Jul 3, 2004
    merry christmas everyone!

so, i'm sitting at home on christmas eve with my swollen cheeks from getting my wisdom teeth pulled out... to pass time, i'm watching the CSi dvd's and i noticed something......

they use powerbooks on their show all the time, sometimes you could see the apple logo , and sometimes its covered by a police sticker.. (who knows why) anyway, the big deal was when i noticed that they were using a powerbook and when the camera zoomed into the computer screen to show something, and it was running on windows! :eek:
  2. Windowlicker macrumors 6502a

Feb 17, 2003
    This isn't anything out of ordinary. Just check out the movie Office Space for instance. By running windows on the mac, they're not on either side (or they're on both sides).
  3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    A lot of the fake computer screens on CSI seem to be running Linux...some of the Linux dekstop themes that are more outrageous and techno looking... and *cough* were available 9 years ago the first time I tried Linux *cough* :D I think it just makes the whole thing look more high tech. But CSI seems to let Apple logos through a lot more than other shows....