PB Z-5500 Digital Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by WSFrazier, Feb 10, 2006.

1. WSFrazier macrumors regular

Feb 9, 2006
    I have the current 17" PB. I also got the Logitech Z-5500 speakers. I have them connected via Optical cable. The PowerBook is set to out to Digital in Sound Preferences. However, when I go to Audio MIDI Setup, I go to set Audio Output to "Encoded Digital Audio" but when I close that and go back, it sets itself back to 2ch-16bit.

When I play music on iTunes the Logitech reciever says Stereo, which is what I expected though because iTunes store music is 2 channel encoded music correct?

Also, with DVD Player, I managed to get it to output to Digital, however it isn't being outputed to DTS digital. I know the DVD has DTS audio, but the reciever isn't saying DTS Digital like it should.

So how do you get the PowerBook to output everything digital, if that is possible? Or atleast get DVD Player to output DTS? The reason I brought the MIDI settings up was because I remember reading on a site that it's required that you set that to Encoded Digital Audio to get DTS and everything else ditital. Any reason why that isn't staying set?

Sorry for the long post.

2. giveamile macrumors newbie

Mar 15, 2006
    i'm having the exact same problem with my power mac. did you get a fix or workaround