PB15 for 1999, is that good?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by nbs2, Apr 7, 2004.

1. nbs2 macrumors 68030

Mar 31, 2004
    A geographical oddity
    I bought the refurb from the Apple site for 1999. I feel cool. They even let you have the applecare thing for 239. Cool deal. Anyway, I just was wondering how soon I need to look into getting a 512 chip. I figure I can wait, but...Also, I would like to thank a lot of you for your advice in helping me to figure out if I really wanted to make the switch, and the best way to do so.
  2. jxyama macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2003
    i assume the refurb came with the stock 2 x 256 MB RAM? i think 512 MB is pretty good for most uses. i wouldn't rush to get the 512 MB yet. (other people may disagree, but depends more on your usage.)

wait on the applecare. you have a year to decide.
  3. ToddW macrumors 6502a

Feb 26, 2004
    I ordered my PB on Saturday and I'm gong to wait to add the stick of 512MB. I'm also waiting on applecare.
  4. adamjay macrumors 6502a

Feb 3, 2004
    CompUSA told me that with adding the whole supplemental applecare thing... well, to get the 3-years Phone Support you have to renew it before the phone support runs out (i.e. within 90 days of purchase).

otherwise if you wait till the end of the first year you just get 3 years parts/labor (i.e. 2 additional years). i thought it was BS but he assured me. and he wasnt trying to sell me a CompUSA warranty, so i didnt know whether to beleive him... :confused:
  5. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Jun 17, 2003
    Corvallis, Oregon
    You get it all if you register within one year, including phone support. The CompUSA rep was probably just confused.