PBG4 Problem - blue tinted display

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by mmoin, Sep 9, 2005.

1. mmoin macrumors regular

Hi-

Yesterday in class, my powerbook's display flickered for about a half second and when it came back on, the screen had a horrid blue tint. I tried a bunch of things (recalibrating, etc) but the display seems stuck in this mode. I'm pretty sure it's a display problem because I hooked it up to an external display and it looks fine.

Anyway, I figure the only way I'm going to be able to get this fixed is by bringing my PB (thankfully still under warranty) to the local Apple Store. I live in Cambridge, MA, but still quite far from the CambridgeSide store, so I really don't want to bring the laptop in unless I'll be able to get service. Does anyone have experience with dealing with the Genius Bar in that store? I tried to make a reservation for today but it wasn't possible, so I'm worried that it might be too crowded for me to get service.

Thanks,
    Andrew

2. Eluon macrumors regular

I would think you shouldn't have to wait to terribly long. Ofcourse, I have never been to that store. However, I have been to several apple stores. They may have to send it in. Try it out! Best of luck.

3. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Sounds like your logic board is going out. Mine needed to be sent in and was returned to me in 3 business days. I also had a display problem once and had the same timeframe - 3 business days. Good luck.