PBook Shipping Delay?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MCPeck, Sep 25, 2003.

1. MCPeck macrumors member

Jul 17, 2003
    Hi all,
    I ordered the new 15" pbook (my first mac :D ) and airborne said it left Taipei on the 23rd, but now the airborne website says the tracking number is wrong and when I called the airborne rep, she said that it was in transit but they didn't know where it was.

Also, I ordered an ipod with it that shipped on the 19th from Shanghai and was scheduled to arrive on the 23rd, but they are giving me the same story as the pbook. (as of 9/25)

Anyone having this problem as well, or do you know if this is normal comming from asia?

I'd be very upset if my very first mac and ipod got lost in the mail and I'd have to wait another 2 weeks...

Thanks much!
  2. Toeknee macrumors regular

Sep 24, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Hang in there

Yeah I know how that goes... mine left on the 22nd and I called Airborne as well and they said that they couldnt track a package until it got in the states. But yeah its gonna take a bit longer since its gotta clear customs which normally takes a day. I should have mine by Thurs (25th)b/c if you look on the tracking page on mine it says that they picked it up from the shippers door on the 23 and its a 2 day delivery and if not im gonna be seriously worried. I think that they know that a lot of people are worried about their package and are getting many phone calls at their 1-800 number. Just dont worry, it'll come.
  3. KBFinFan macrumors 6502

May 30, 2003
    Connecticut, USA
    I had the same problem, but my PB is out for delivery this morning. Here is my tracking:

9/25/03 8 : 17 am Out for Delivery.

9/22/03 10 : 15 am In Transit. Taipei, Taiwan

9/23/03 5 : 13 pm Picked Up by Airborne. Shipper's Door

My iPod however has just cleared customs I believe, and the lady on the phone expected another few days before it arrived. So much for 2-3 day shipping Apple...

Also, look on your Apple invoice for a Waybill number, that is the tracking number for all the PB's that are coming with yours and it sometimes gives better information.

Good Luck
  4. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Jun 23, 2003
    St Augustine, FL
    Yeah I think they have gotten a lot of calls...I called their customer service number and I didn't even finish saying my "laptop" before the guy said "Apple, right? Yeah..." and seemed to have gone through this more than just a few times before me. At least he was able to give me a good reason why my tracking number didn't work and a good idea of when it will come since before then, I was pretty worried that my order had somehow become lost or something. I looked at the tracking number this morning and it says it was picked up at the shipper's door in Franklin Park Illinois on 9/23 as second day shipping, placing it here hopefully today. I'm going to check my mailbox after class today to see if it does come, if not, then I will have to wait until tomorrow since the mailroom here at school stops signing for packages by early afternoon and closes by around 3 pm.
  5. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    International Shipping EXPLAINED!!

Exact same thing happening here. iPod out on the 19th, and no word of anything on it yet, last they told me, they'd printed the label but not recieved the item yet, they didn't have record of it's location. Translation = waiting to clear customs in China. The laptop shipped from Taipei Tuesday, and yesterday marked as "At shipper's door." Translation = it's in the US now at the nearest Apple wherehouse and out on it's way to you. To get shipping at a decent price (under 100 dollars per unit shipped) they have them shipped en masse (i.e. huge crates of bliss) to Apple wherehouses located all over the US. The 2 day or 3-5 day shipping applies to the product once it arrives in the country, as due to the current global statis there is no way to predict how long something will take to clear customs. This is a problem that afflicts all shipping companies. Airborne Ex is like windows whereas when things are confusing, that tough for you. FedEx and UPS are like Mac whereas when things are confusing, they explain the issue to you so that you can understand exactly what the hold up is and why you aren't getting what you need.

edit: 50 posts until I get my very own 'tar! Thats almost as exciting as getting my own PBook and iPod