pbook vs. ibook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by a2cute2control, Jul 7, 2005.

1. a2cute2control macrumors member

Okay, so i'm serverly upset that the ibook was not updated, so I'm saying F%$k it, I'm going for the powerbook. Yes, I know the obvious technical reasons why it is a better machine, but can someone put it in laments terms, "why" it's better. Thanks.

2. acedickson macrumors 6502a

acedickson

In layman's terms it's all the extra technical features + it's aluminum. I can't get anymore simple without becoming techinical again, lol.

3. jiv3turkey748 macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

4. _pb_boi macrumors 6502

Is 'this has been debated to death a million times before' in laymans terms? I'm struggling to put it any more simply. :rolleyes:

I'd link to the posts, but even that gets irritating the fifth or sixth time.

andy.

Edit: Oh dear, sponsored links :(

5. Bowser macrumors member

how bout, does an iBook with max Ram run Garage Band comparably to a base pbook?

6. a2cute2control thread starter macrumors member

I noticed that if you jack a ibook 14'' superdrive with roughly the same specs as a 12'' pb with superdrive, it only comes out to be about 20 bucks cheaper (canadian anyway)...to me, that pretty much sums it up.

7. bodeh6 macrumors 6502a

bodeh6

Powerbooks have faster CPUs, GPU, bus, memory, better connections, Bluetooth standard.

8. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

The PB is better than the iBook because it costs more. The more money we give to Apple, the longer they'll remain in business. And that's a good thing, right?

9. _pb_boi macrumors 6502

I'd assume, perhaps naively, that the Powerbook is more or less proportionally more expensive to produce, though, and so buying Powerbooks over iBooks solely on this basis wouldn't contribute to the longevity of Apple as a company :cool:

andy.

10. X-Baz macrumors member

an iBook won't do more than 1024x768 resolution.

I have a 12" PB and that's only 1024 but I can plug it into an external monitor ... you can't with an iBook. Of course, some people aren't bothered about the smaller screen space.