pbs.org movies

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joetronic, Mar 16, 2005.

1. joetronic macrumors 6502

does anyone know how to play the movies at pbs.org? When you click on the link, a window opens asking to use real, or windows media. I installed WMP so I choose that for broadband. A window opens with a player, but just sits there. When I try it on a windows PC is works fine.

Aslo, does anyone know of a way I could save these movies for ofline viewing?

Thanks in advance

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

The Mac Windows Media Player is a retard form of the Windows Media Player, and PBS.org looks like its media is specific to the Windows side. Your best bet is to download and use Real Player instead. It can be gotten for free: https://order.real.com/pt/order.htm...ice&src=realplayer,021705rpchoice_1_2_2_1_1_3

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Why don't you watch them in QuickTime? On my computer, the QuickTime feed is much smoother than the Real feed. The WM feed does not seem to work, at least not with Camino.

4. joetronic thread starter macrumors 6502

There is no choice for QT. The only two choices are Real and WMP. I tried to download real *tastes a little throwup in back of throat* but it kept timing out. I will try again today. I would still like to be able to download them somehow, but it opens in a in browser player, and have not found a option for downloading the vids. Does anone know how to do this?

Thanks.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Can you give a link to the videos for which a QuickTime version is not available? I can find only those are available in QT.

6. joetronic thread starter macrumors 6502

These are the videos I am tryign to view.http://www.pbs.org/americanfieldguide/

7. Frisco macrumors 68020

I get the option to view them as Windows Media or Real Media and it works fine in both.

8. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Check your downloads. You may have downloaded a stub file for the movie that you need to double click on to run the player.

9. joetronic thread starter macrumors 6502

10. ifjake macrumors 6502a

i tried with realplayer. this is one instance in which i was able to get realplayer to work. the picture's good but the sound can get weird.