Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Announcement:
Beginning Sept. 6, PBS will make available - exclusively over the Internet - broadcast television's first entirely downloadable series, featuring PBS technology columnist and industry insider Robert X. Cringely's interviews with personalities from the ever-changing world of technology. NerdTV will be available for download from www.pbs.org/nerdtv (which is currently linked back to the announcement).

Among the first NerdTV guests are PayPal co-founder Max Levchin; original Macintosh programmer Andy Hertzfeld; and Sun Microsystems co-founder and the father of Berkeley UNIX, Bill Joy.

The 13 one-hour shows will be made available on a weekly basis after the launch date and all previous episodes will continue to be available through the NerdTV Web site. NerdTV viewers are actually encouraged to download and copy the shows, share them with friends and even post them on their own Web sites - all legally.
Mark your iCal calendars!

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Cool beans. Hopefully, by then, I'll be able to download it with iTunes 5 onto my iPod Video.

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
Sounds good but I was hoping for a Tech TV meets real tech insted of this crap that they put out. (Well except for AOTS)

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
Awesome. Hopefully this will be a tech show worth watching, unlike any of the shows on G4...

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Finally, I'll be able to get it up here in Bella Coola. Public Television, that is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.