PC-2008F USB Webcam

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Spanky Deluxe, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Mar 17, 2005
    London, UK
    I just thought I'd write up for anyone's future reference that the Webeye PC-2008F USB Webcam that is commonly available on eBay for peanuts works in OS X if you install the drivers available here and then purchase and install iChatUSBCam from here. The second step is only required if you wish to use the webcam with iChat.

I had one of these lying around that I bought for my girlfriend before I switched her over from the dark side and thought I might as well see if I can get it to work on her iBook instead of getting another iSight. I opened it up, typed the chip number (Sonix SN9C102) I found on there into google and found the generic chipset drivers listed above. I installed the drivers, installed the iChatUSBCam trial, loaded up iChat and hey presto, it worked. :) Not at all bad for a solution that costs $25.

I've added this in case anyone searches the net looking for drivers as to how to get this cam to work in OS X. I've only tested it in Tiger so far and only on a PowerPC machine.

These cams are often listed on eBay as 'USB Infrared Webcam'. :)
  2. teenwolf macrumors newbie

Jul 20, 2008
    i have the same cam but no cds so need any drivers can not get the drive off its web site so help any 1 copy there cd plz any soft ware plz
  3. nanofrog macrumors G4

May 6, 2008
    No wonder...the OP was from 2006. :p

Google the chip number, and see what happens.
  4. teenwolf macrumors newbie

Jul 20, 2008
    need any software for it help got a pc not a mac plz help any 1 how do u use a
    Driver_301p.rar file as a driver plz help