Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sweener88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Im EVERYWHERE!
My friend bought a new Toshiba Satellite p100 and wants to benchmark my macbook pro in an attempt to prove his notebook is better (hes a mac hater). what benchmark program can we both use thats compatible on both computers?

fiercetiger224

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
What machine do you have? He has a 1.83 Ghz...Which tells me you at least have a 2.0 Ghz or 2.13 Ghz?

If you want a fair comparison, you should have Windows installed on your machine via Boot Camp and run benchmarking tools, such as SiSandra.

His computer sucks. Period. The end. :-D

Galgenstein

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2006
Have a look here

Try MacGeek: this is a cross-plattform benchmark test. Free to download at: http://www.geekpatrol.ca/geekbench/

But be warned. Real world performance is different. It means that you have the software and a computer which enables you to perform your personal tasks best. There are people who where highly productive on the first mac, and others are unable to be productive on the latest model.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Sweener88 said:
My friend bought a new Toshiba Satellite p100 and wants to benchmark my macbook pro in an attempt to prove his notebook is better (hes a mac hater). what benchmark program can we both use thats compatible on both computers?

You don't need benchmarks.

Simple task: Find all files on your harddisk with "abc" in the file name or somewhere in the content. On my MacBook 1.83 GHz it takes less than three seconds including typing command-space, abc. On his Toshiba, I would estimate it takes him 15 seconds just to start searching, then you can watch that stupid dog wagging its tail for five minutes.

j26

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
Paddyland
Get two copies of War and Peace. Whichever one gets typed in first is the fastest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.