Pc and Mac Benchmark program

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sweener88, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Sweener88 macrumors 6502

Sweener88

My friend bought a new Toshiba Satellite p100 and wants to benchmark my macbook pro in an attempt to prove his notebook is better (hes a mac hater). what benchmark program can we both use thats compatible on both computers?

2. Silentwave macrumors 68000

don't know of any, but what are his specs? you can just compare processors :)

3. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

What machine do you have? He has a 1.83 Ghz...Which tells me you at least have a 2.0 Ghz or 2.13 Ghz?

If you want a fair comparison, you should have Windows installed on your machine via Boot Camp and run benchmarking tools, such as SiSandra.

His computer sucks. Period. The end. :-D

4. Galgenstein macrumors newbie

Have a look here

Try MacGeek: this is a cross-plattform benchmark test. Free to download at: http://www.geekpatrol.ca/geekbench/

But be warned. Real world performance is different. It means that you have the software and a computer which enables you to perform your personal tasks best. There are people who where highly productive on the first mac, and others are unable to be productive on the latest model.

5. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

You don't need benchmarks.

Simple task: Find all files on your harddisk with "abc" in the file name or somewhere in the content. On my MacBook 1.83 GHz it takes less than three seconds including typing command-space, abc. On his Toshiba, I would estimate it takes him 15 seconds just to start searching, then you can watch that stupid dog wagging its tail for five minutes.

6. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

Get two copies of War and Peace. Whichever one gets typed in first is the fastest.

7. Wilden macrumors newbie

Wilden

Now doesn't that sound like fun. Though a good book I have to say.

8. MacFan25863 macrumors 6502a

MacFan25863

You could use MacSaber and have a duel to the end.

Oh, wait. His Toshiba doesn't HAVE a motion sensor. Sucks for him.