PC better than mac/Streaming iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jorey3969, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Jorey3969 macrumors member

Jorey3969

I have started a thread about a month ago with no replies, but why can I stream music from 1 pc to another, and it streams with out skipping every 30-120 seconds like it does on my mac, I am using itunes, I have cable and i know the internet connection should be fast enough, this is really starting to piss me off.

2. NicP macrumors 6502

Can you clarify your question, first you say that you are streaming from one compuer to another, then you talk about your internet connection, what exactly are you doing?

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

RAM is a big factor in the quality of a stream. Make sure the Mac has enough.

4. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I stream my entire library to my Mac - its actually stored on a big fat Windows share on the other end of the wireless network.

Its perfect, unless the wireless signal drops down a lot or gets disconnected somehow. This happened a lot on my first Mac mini, but on the replacement I rarely get a pause or disconnection.

I'd say something screwy is going on with your Macs network connection.

5. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

i can stream music perfectly on my 600MHz ibook g3 over 802.11b...

6. kwajo.com macrumors 6502a

kwajo.com

streaming works great through Airport on my clamshell iBook 366MHz from my Powermac G4 350MHz server, so yeah I'd say there is something wrong with your settings or your network