PC Card on 12" Powerbook??

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by AlbinoPigeon, Jan 20, 2006.

1. macrumors member

Hello,

I recently bought a 12" powerbook with a superdrive. I love the mini size, and dont mind the small screen.

The only thing I need is some way of attaching a mobile internet card so I can surf on the go.

Are there any external PC Slot adapters for the mac? Like and PC Slot port adapter that connects to a USB port?

Thanks!

2. macrumors Core

when you say "mobile" i assume you mean "wireless"? if that is the case you'll need an Airport Extreme card.

none of the 12" powerbook models have a card slot.

3. thread starter macrumors member

I know. But what I need is to be able to use mobile internet cards from my mobile phone provider. I know that the 12" doesn't have a PC card slot. So I was wondering if there was some sort of USB to PC Card adapter thingy?

At the very least I could use bluetooth to connect to my phone and use internet that way, but isn't that way slower? If not, then I suppose problem solved...

4. macrumors 6502

If you have a bluetooth phone which has EDGE, you can use that.
    Speeds will be just as fast. An example would be the Sony Ericsson S710.

5. macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Those mobile phone cards only support windooooze machines/have windows drivers. There was a guy that bought one and with the help, and a lot of time, from a webpage from Norway (or some country there) he got it to work. This was a post in a thread a couple of weeks ago. Good luck!

6. macrumors 6502a

galstaph

7. thread starter macrumors member

Really!? Awesome then...does anyone know if the Moto V551 on the Rogers Network in Canada supports EDGE or a similar highspeed data protocol?