PC convert looking for personal financial software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by efranzen, Oct 11, 2006.

1. efranzen macrumors newbie

Oct 11, 2006
    I am new to the Mac world, having been a PC user since the early 80's with the IBM PCjr, and Commodore's (Vic20 & C64) before that. I just recently purchased a 24" iMac and am working on getting myself aquainted with the new environment.

At the moment I am looking for some personal financial software and am wondering what the programs of choice are. On the PC side I used Microsoft Money. From what I can gather, Quicken seems to be the best for use on the Mac. The price seems rather high to me though and I'm wondering if there are any other decent programs.
  2. ddekker macrumors regular

Sep 23, 2006

I tried a few while browsing around version tracker and none I played with seemed up to the task as well as quicken... I fee your pain on trying to constantly find softwares (the reason I started the site below...lol ) If you do find one post back here or on my site, so I can give it a go

3. slackersonly macrumors 6502a

Apr 13, 2006
    the two options that i see alot are quicken and ibank.
    i use quicken for mac.
    it is a slightly tough conversion for a lifetime pc user as the interface is different.
    i purchased it at staples about a month ago. they had a rebate making it about $30. give them a look.