PC friends say my email looks weird

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OldManJimbo, Dec 10, 2004.

1. OldManJimbo macrumors 6502

Jun 1, 2004
    California Coast
    I use Entourage X to send email and many of my freinds who are on PCs say that all my apostrohies (') appear as commas on their end.

I've noticed this when they reply to me with my previous message included - and they are correct.

In addition - I see that a dash ( - ) appears on some emails as a "^" above the line.

Is there a setting I need to adjust? Or a certain font I should avoid?
  2. varmit macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2003
    I believe its just bad programming on MS's part. Like when I recieve an email from someone who has an hotmail account, there are these " marks and other stuff all over the message some times. I don't ever get these types of things from people who have yahoo accounts or gmail. It seems to be and MS problem only with one of their character maps. And Entourage is made by MS, so I think that is where the problem stems. I really don't think changing the font would help.
  3. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

Jan 6, 2004
    Cape Cod
    Occasional when I open a document in MS Word, I'll see a symbol that looks like this: Õ instead of seeing what I'm supposed to see: '
  4. maya macrumors 68040

Oct 7, 2004
    somewhere between here and there.
    Programming errors, bad porting and translation.

It seems that M$ products are very BLOATED, time to make efficient code. :) <-- this will never happen, LOL. If this happen M$ will go under. ROTF