Pc gaming on macs...

Discussion in 'Games' started by pianodude123, Jun 13, 2005.

1. pianodude123 macrumors 6502a

pianodude123

I recently bought a dual 2.7 ghz powermac, and I am disappointed with the selection of games available...for example, i really want to be able to play battlefield 2, but they will not be making it for mac. If i were to invest in virtual PC, would it run okay on the powermac>?

2. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

NO they will not work VPC has no 3d acceleration.

3. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

honestly you'd be better off playing it on that thinkpad, even if it has a MR7500. like Patmian212 said, no 3d acceleration so the processors are doing *everything* not to mention the emulation thing :rolleyes: lol

4. zulgand04 macrumors regular

zulgand04

with virtual pc, its barley bareable useing aol. but then again aol is major bloatware. but just wanted to use that example because any new game would never be useable.

5. pianodude123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pianodude123

DARN...BUT I WEALLY WEALLY WEALLY want to play the game! I looked at the minimum sistem requirements for the game and my thinkpad doesnt cut it because of the graphics card and processor speed (not to mention the ram.) Should i buy a cheap PC in a year or two? (Dont have the money now) Do you think it will ever be made for mac?

YA RED SOX!!!

I hate being left out in the dust like this with a mac...

6. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

It probably will be ported at a later date. I had thought there was no way the original BF was going to see a mac but it did. The only hurdle will be gamespy support.

7. zulgand04 macrumors regular

zulgand04

i agree with mattmack you never know what will end up getting ported. If you really want to play it and other games, go for the cheap pc when you have the cash. though with the way games go through requierments now adays a cheap pc prolly won't last very long. Thats why i mainly stay away from pc gameing, and go for the ps2, xbox and game cube. But thats just me.

btw... nice to see fellow sox fans on the boards.

good luck on the decision, got any more questions just post away.

-Neal