Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macguymike

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 28, 2003
California
My 5G iPod has been spazzing out lately. I have it formatted to work on my PC because that is where I have all of my music. However, over the last week or so it has been randomly not booting up (giving me the folder of doom), not showing up in iTunes, and refusing to load up when I try to fix the problem with the iPod Updater software. The only way for me to eject it properly is to right-click on it in the My Computer window.

And then out of nowhere it will start working again, but still not show up when I plug it into my PC.

The catch here is that it seems to work just fine when I plug it into my PowerBook. It shows up on the desktop, in iTunes, and is recognized by the iPod Updater utility.

Suggestions and/or advice?

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
Reinstall the latest iPod software for Windows, and download the latest iPod updater. After making sure you have the latest iPod software running on your PC, restore your iPod. Make sure you're also using iTunes 6.0.1.. if that all fails, call Apple and get a replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.