Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dexterleong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
My PC had stop detecting my iphone. It is on 1.1.3. Couple of weeks back when i tried to plug to my PC to charge my iphone on USB, the iphone charging indicator does not show and my PC does not detect it at all. I tried launching the itunes but no iphone is found in there....If i leave the cable intact for long enought and i remove it and reboot the iphone, the battery indicator will show full bar. Does anyone out there know what could be the problem??? Without the PC detecting it, i cannot upgrade to 2.o firmware.....:(:(:(

adamerr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2008
My PC had stop detecting my iphone. It is on 1.1.3. Couple of weeks back when i tried to plug to my PC to charge my iphone on USB, the iphone charging indicator does not show and my PC does not detect it at all. I tried launching the itunes but no iphone is found in there....If i leave the cable intact for long enought and i remove it and reboot the iphone, the battery indicator will show full bar. Does anyone out there know what could be the problem??? Without the PC detecting it, i cannot upgrade to 2.o firmware.....:(:(:(

try a hard reset then chuck it in DFU....
or it could be a problem with your PC itself..

dexterleong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
try a hard reset then chuck it in DFU....
or it could be a problem with your PC itself..

I had tried connecting to many PC but still to no avail. I am not that sure how to go to DFU mode, can you provide me the correct steps? What if the PC still can't detect my phone after i go to DFU mode?? Is there a way to return or i will get a brick phone????

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
Try these troubleshooting steps:

With the iPhone UNPLUGGED from iTunes...Press and hold the Sleep/Wake & Home button together and hold both until you see the Apple icon on the screen. This is called a hard reset.

Attempt to connect to iTunes. If this fails...

Disconnect iPhone. In iTunes go to Edit/Preferences/Syncing and click the "Reset Sync History" button. Then try again.

If that fails, then here is your next step: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1224?viewlocale=en_US

Hope that helps

jobsfnby

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2008
dfu mode

you can put it in dfu mode by:

1. turn off the phone

2. have your phone UNPLUGGED and close itunes

3. hold the home and power buttons and when you see the apple screen release the power button but keep holding the home button

4.while your holding the home button plug your phone into the computer and launch itunes

I was using the 2.0 software and itunes 7.7 though. I don't think it should matter though?

5. wait until itunes recognizes your phone in recovery mode

i had this happen yesterday and i had to do this and restore it.....so far it hasnt had any other problems with itunes

lloyd.smith.

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2008
you can put it in dfu mode by:

1. turn off the phone

2. have your phone UNPLUGGED and close itunes

3. hold the home and power buttons and when you see the apple screen release the power button but keep holding the home button

4.while your holding the home button plug your phone into the computer and launch itunes

I was using the 2.0 software and itunes 7.7 though. I don't think it should matter though?

5. wait until itunes recognizes your phone in recovery mode

i had this happen yesterday and i had to do this and restore it.....so far it hasnt had any other problems with itunes

Dude you are a legend, i just upgraded to 2.0 a couple of minutes ago, and was a bit anxious to do it as my laptop stopped detecting my phone in itunes and well it happend again lol but i tried every possible combination to get it to do this and after following yours its working fine again.....thank god lol cheers anyway!!

dexterleong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Dude you are a legend, i just upgraded to 2.0 a couple of minutes ago, and was a bit anxious to do it as my laptop stopped detecting my phone in itunes and well it happend again lol but i tried every possible combination to get it to do this and after following yours its working fine again.....thank god lol cheers anyway!!

Your laptop stopped detecting the phone in itunes. but does the phone goes into charging mode when you plugged to your PC?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.