PC vs. Mac

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Tahko, Jul 31, 2005.

1. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Very interesting site indeed! It seems they like to complain about the price of Macs, but I'm sure many people are willing to pay the extra without a fuss.

2. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i think this sentence about says it all:

:eek: indeed

3. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

The guy doesn't even make a pretence at being impartial.

4. iGary Guest

iGary

LOL!!! :D

This guy is a bag of rocks.

I love under security where it lists like 15 things that are avilable to guard against viruses, malware, spyware...and he's like, um OS X doesn't have these...Uh huhhu h huh.

DerRRRRRRR!

5. treysmay macrumors regular

treysmay

like comparing a car to a motorcycle

No one will ever be able to truly compare the two.
    Umm after reading for no more than 30 seconds, I noticed a bunch of bogus crap. This reminds me of the discussion posted not to long ago, about the guy who wrote about his well-founded facts about the differences between the Mac and PC. The column had been written long after the release of OS X, but his rant was over the faults in OS 9. Not well founded indeed, resizing windows gets a lower rating for Mac? Next step computers started the whole interface wherein you could resize wile keeping an image. poo on that site
    :p

6. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

http://pcnmac.com/os_comparison.htm

Umm, yeah. No biased there. This guy obviously is a Windows fanboy.

This guy is a joke.

7. iGary Guest

iGary

:confused: :eek: :D

8. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Hah, the more I read, the worse it gets. This guy is looking at it from a purely Window's biased standpoint. He gives Windows and PC Hardware nods for everything, while downing almost everything from Apple. He keeps on saying, "Mac doesn't have a free anti virus software program..." Well, duh! We don't need one!

9. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

I especially like this part on the comparison page:
    :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

10. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

:eek: Wow! This guy is off the charts on the Why Buy a Mac page! A few of the best ones:
    :rolleyes:

These I have to comment on:
    You know, that's funny. My very first cd burner was a 52x. Just a few months ago, I bought a 16x DL DVD/rw drive for $40. Is this guy too stupid to know what an upgrade is?? This computer that his friend bought, what are the other specs? What's that? Oh, a 1.8 GHz Celeron, 128 MB of SDRAM, a 20 GB HD, oh, and Windows XP Home Edition. :rolleyes:

Best of all is the conclusion:

Idiot.

11. Jedi128 macrumors 6502

This guy is a loser....... Do I need to say more?

He says that XP is a better OS than X? How much money did Gates give him? I think you put anybody in a room with X and XP, and within minutes they will pick X. The guy was giving credit to Windoze becuase youhave to update XP eveery fricken week, and that XP has "been around longer"??? How is that good........ XP is from 2001, while X is from 2005, I wonder which one I want to use???

The guy is obviously being controlled by another life force.... Its just too clear that X is better than XP to anyone with their own mind.....

12. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

He's terrible to even say he tries to provide an "objective" comparison. On top of it all, he's stupid, as he's wrong on many accounts.

13. Patch^ macrumors regular

the thing i found hilarious was on the OS comparison page, he basically removes all the bad things etc from Windows making Windows appear better.

He modify's his score from XvsXp.com, where it shows OS X with the better score??? ROFL

http://pcnmac.com/os_comparison.htm

http://www.xvsxp.com/#score

The reason he hasn't mentioned these is because OS X win.

14. mpw Guest

Isn't that chicken and egg? It's becuase 98% of PC's use MS Windows that there are the greater number of third party add ons and software titles, of course a lot compete with each other to fill the same need.

Most of his argument for Windows seems to be price based and market share is used to 'prove' his points, but didn't Michael Dell just say he'd like to sell his PC's with OSX. Now if that were to happen it would quickly shift market share I'd bet and with market share would come 3rd party add ons and software, for better or worse.

Now I'd like to see him compare an off the peg Apple PC running Apple OS and Apple software with a vendor offering the full package of hardware/OS/software of any other flavour...err PalmOne?

If I have a problem with my iMac I know where to go and they can't fob me of with your software/hardware from another supplier was to blame which is all I ever got when having problems with my Wintel box, of course I don't get as many problems either.

15. iGary Guest

iGary

He has a chat site, but I'm not giving him even my Spam bait e-mails.

His answer to questions are like this:

Windows maintenance is deplorable.

His answer:

10.3 blew up my machine.

:confused:

16. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    This has been being discussed on the forums at Ars Technica where the author promoted the site and then tries to defend against some very educated comment. Oh dear... a highly amusing read

17. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

Uhh, your point? If anything, this proves that PC's are more expensive in the long run because they don't last as long as Macs do. Somehow, he manages to turn every bad thing about Windows into points for it, and every good thing about Mac into points against it. For example: Windows has a defrag application, Mac doesn't. Mac doesn't have free virus protection, Windows does.

This guy is a complete moron. :rolleyes:

18. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Oh god, that made me spew my soda on my lap.

I'm still laughing. Did he really say that?

19. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

He said that OS updates are better on Windows! This guy is obviously on something. I just sent him a nasty PM! LOL!

I sent a really bad message to him and he respnded like this:

i compare both. i own both. only 2.5% of computer buyers agree with you that macs are the best. 90% + say windows on a pc is best. they speak with their wallets.

sorry.

ps- i haven't lived with my mom since i was 22 and that was just for a few months. prior to that i was 18 last time i lived with the parents. ive been on my own now for half my life, but peace to you despite the attempted slight.

I think I have just risked getting banned.

20. Tahko thread starter macrumors regular

Interesting. Alle meine Freunde wie irgendwas über die Rechnere weiß, und spielen mit seine Konsole, verwenden Linux für Arbeit.. Eigentlich die wie spielen mit seine Rechnere aber kann/will nicht etwa neue lernen sind die einigste mit Windows. Aber die Leute sind doch das große Majorität auf die Rechnere verwendere.. :(

21. Tahko thread starter macrumors regular

Oh f*ck, I was browsing apfeltalk.de simultaneously and answered in German.. Well I just said that actually most of my friends who use solely consoles for gaming use Linux on their desktops to get the work done. Sadly most of the young population consist of gamers who need windows or people who don't want or wont learn anything new. :(

22. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's the internet people. Take what he says with a pinch of salt. :)

23. StokeLee macrumors 6502

StokeLee

Im a switcher, a few of you may of seen my other posts, asking for help, or when ive generally been bored.
    When I first had my XP laptop, i was like wow, it does everything my desktop xp machine does, except where ever i want wirelessly, but after getting rid of my desktop, and having so much trouble over 18 months with my XP laptop, i brought the new iMac G5, after a few teething problems, its now running great (though ive still got an urge to format it, lol) so my problematic laptop is no longer needed as much, so reformatted, new install, anti-virus, anti popup, sp2, anti spyware, etc etc, and its up and running with no problems caused by them pesky things like viruses, etc,, well not yet. The only problem ive got is that it now take about 5 mins or so for it to fully boot, i can start using it sooner, but its just so slow, and the laptop is pretty quick.

Any way the point of my post, I like os x, and i like XP, after using XP for many many years, and OS X for a few months, i prefer OS X. I think that some of the points that the website argues over such as OS X's updates is because he doesnt understand that it is like a new OS, I guess he got confused with them all being OS X,, if you know what i mean, but im sure they are all different, and each one is better. And to be honest, XP is just like Win Me, and 98 se, oh and 98, and 95.......... So from 95 to 2005, lol, they still using the same OS. yeah i know thats not exactly true,, but there all called windows, :p

Hardware, I wont even go there except to say, the ADD ONs that ive brought for my mac ive never had no problems with, but for my XP laptop, sometimes ive had to do a full reformat cuz the installation of a program has just messed everything up. Theres so many add ons for windows machines that there is no way that they can all be tested, I built a pc or two in my time, yeah you can buy cheap, but compatibilty,, its such a risk, trust me, lol

Anyway, enough is enough, OS X RULES *Cheeers* lol

24. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Hey! I can speak german too!(can't read or write very well though)

Very random

Hey but you got to give this guy guts for posting such bad information on the net(not you Tahko)