PC World Article on HD-content encryption.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by PharmD, Oct 4, 2005.

1. PharmD macrumors 6502

I stumbled across this article from PC World. http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,122738,00.asp

Do these forms of encryption affect OSX and Apple's Cinema Displays at all? On a related note, why the heck did MS insist on supporting HD-DVD because they allow you to rip your media onto the computer when this sort of encryption will nullify that feature? One more reason I hate MS.

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Apple's Cinema Displays don't support HDCP. We'll likely see hacks come out on the market to circumvent the asinine DRMs. Where's Jon when you need him? ;)

3. Mac_Freak macrumors 6502a

WTF! I hate when industry has everyone by their nuts. THis nothing short from monopoly. They release a DVD that requires a new hardware just because they want to protect their content? Anyway, it won't be long before that hardware is widely available, so what do they plan t do then to stop piracy- a self-destroying data, exploding DVDs, will we have to register our systems first with each DVD just to watch it?

Microsoft doesn't spend so much time and money to make their OS secure as on integrating those copy protection shi**.

4. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

technical, this is making the OS secure...