PC3200 RAM - 29.99... should I go for it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by debroglie, Mar 4, 2005.

1. debroglie macrumors 6502a

debroglie

This site has 512mb sticks of RAM for 29.99 after rebates. This is an insane deal, but do you think that I'd get the rebate money back? Is it worth doing?
    Brad

2. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Well it has a lifetime warranty, so I would call them and do the order over the phone if you can. Never heard of this site before, can anyone give any feedback on these guys?

3. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

Tigerdirect is a legitimate store, but I can't speak for the rebates. GREAT deal though, if the rebates come.

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

And we have no idea whether these RAM will be Mac compatible. In fact, we have no idea what brand they are or what type of chips will be on them, because it changes week to week.

Remember you will pay full price plus taxes up front and wait weeks for the rebates. If you have a G5 tower, you have to buy 2, and the rebates are only on the first one.

Before buying, check who pays the shipping if the RAM is not compatible and needs to be returned, likely it will be you paying both directions.

5. debroglie thread starter macrumors 6502a

debroglie

I didn't end up purchasing it, because I can just purchase RAM that is guaranteed to work in my Mac for 54, and then I don't have to deal with rebates at all either.