PCI AUDIO CARD w/ RCA OUT

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by andy_bernstein, Jul 1, 2005.

1. andy_bernstein macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'd like to know if anyone is aware of a PCI card for Macintosh which would provide me with 2 RCA (L+R) OUT of fair to good / excellent quality.

I miss by Beige G3 with its personality card (and the RCA OUT / IN) + the sound quality wasn't too bad. Now I'm using a MOTU 828 with my main Macintosh G4 but I miss the RCA OUT for my other Macintosh systems (I have several B/W G3s which act as slaves to the G4).

Anyway, I did some research on Ebay but nothing interesting came out. I know that M-Audio sells PCI Audio cards for Mac (OWC has good prices on them) but there's no RCA out (there is 5.1, 7.1, etc... but I'm mostly looking for an RCA OUT).

Does anyone know of a PCI card for B/W G3 and early G4s that could help ?

Thank you,

Andrew.

2. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

You should be able to get a DC30 video card in ebay, it has audio and video in / out and this driver http://www.alfanet.it/squared5/dc30xact.html. or you can use the M-Audio 2496 audio in & out + midi & digital. I have used both in my old G4.

3. andy_bernstein thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the quick reply. I just ordered a M-2496 from OWC. It doesn't say if it's OSX compatible but I'll give it a try.

Andrew.

4. MacFan25863 macrumors 6502a

MacFan25863

You know, you could have just gotten a $3 adapter at Radio Shack that would have been just fine quaility....

5. Crikey macrumors 6502

Someone I know has an M-Audio 2496 in her G4 tower, and it works fine (she is still running 10.3.something, probably). You probably want to check M-Audio's Web site for driver updates if you are running Tiger.

Sounds like the previous poster didn't get that you want the RCA outs on different Macs than the one you have your MOTU hooked to. I chuckled at his sig, though.

Crikey

6. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

yep i have it running on 10.3 on the g4

7. MacFan25863 macrumors 6502a

MacFan25863

Ahh...thats what you get for not sleeping for almost a day and a half AND having massive Jetlag at the same time....

I should go sleep.....

8. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

Seriously... why wouldn't someone just buy the adapter?