PCI TV card, wich one ??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by BIGgui_X_, Nov 5, 2003.

1. BIGgui_X_ macrumors member

Sep 5, 2003
    Wich PCI TV card for my dual 1.25 would you recommand between those 2 ?? :

2. BIGgui_X_ thread starter macrumors member

Sep 5, 2003
    not alot of answers !

do i have to understand that both are about the same ?

i'm from quebec, canada, is one easier to get in canada ?

3. bosskxx1 macrumors newbie

Dec 10, 2001
    You do understand that there both the same products. The 2 companies have formed some kind of merger/partnership

The televio comes with a remote control, the alchemy doesn't.

I would buy the alchemy and get the ATI remote control. Just make sure that these are only compatible with G4s and G3s not G5s because they are PCI 2.2 based on the 5V standard.

There was a couple of reviews on here, www.xlr8yourmac.com and the www.macnn.com forum section.
  4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    i must be getting old and blind because i dont see the reviews, i to am looking at putting the Tv into the mac and have been wanting to hear first hand reviews.
  5. Sherman macrumors regular

Jul 23, 2002

PCI cards are for sissies, a real mac user would go on eBay and buy a Macintosh TV (like me!)

P.S. It rocks hard.
  6. BigHairyBuds macrumors member

Sep 30, 2003
    ha a macintosh tv...what a POS...how big is the screen? get a televio and let me know what you think, since i'm in the market for one as well (DVR functionality on the televio is great, much better than EyeTV...televio does DV or mpeg4, eyetv does only mpeg and is a usb device, ick)
  7. tloc macrumors newbie

Dec 22, 2003
    What about the new AlchemyTV DVR? Is it just as good? AlchemyTV DVR