Pc's not dull

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by simie, Mar 4, 2006.

1. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

PCs not dull, admits Apple UK

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/03/03/apple_pc_not_dull_claim/

US Advert

"The Intel chip. For years it's been trapped inside PCs, inside dull little boxes, dutifully performing dull little tasks, when it could have been doing so much more. Stating today, the Intel chip will be set free and get to live life inside a Mac."

http://www.apple.com/intel/ads/

UK Advert

"The Intel chip. For years it's only been inside PCs, dutifully doing all the things PCs were built to do. Stating today, the Intel chip will be set free and also get to do all the things Macs were built to do."

http://www.apple.com/uk/intel/ads/

2. inlimbo macrumors 6502

We have the same ad in Australia. People in space suits delicatly moving large flat discs around :confused:

When I first saw it I wasn't sure if it was an ad for Apple or an ad for Intel.:eek:

3. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

For some reason I like the US ad a million times better. Between the difference in the script and the quality of the voice-over, it really captures the essence of the intel switch a whole lot better. It grabs the bull by the balls.

To be honest, it kinda sounds like Mr. Sutherland was bored while recording the UK voice over. Plus it sounds like forced "political correctness".

4. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

As Austin Powers would say: YEA, baby :D

5. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

woah, is that actually keifer sutherland?! i though it just sounded like him. any verification of this?

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

the US ad ends on a much better note in my opinion, which is what makes all the difference.

7. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

The US version is so much better!! Damned political correctness!! :rolleyes:

8. Freakk123 macrumors regular

It is actually Kiefer (it says so midway down the page).

Anyway, the US version rocks the socks offa the UK version.

9. mdavey macrumors 6502a

mdavey

They probably recorded both versions at the same time with a view to letting the Board decide which one to use.

Actually, does anyone remember the MWSF 2006 keynote, where SJ seemed to be relieved that the audience liked the Intel advert? Perhaps the Board were undecided on which version to use and so SJ suggested letting the MWSF delegates decide. Perhaps if there were lots of boos then SJ would have run the other version at the end of the keynote and asked the audience if they prefered that one more.

10. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

Oh dear. Another mistake by Apple.

"The Intel chip will be set free"-Apple Intel UK advert just sounds so crappy to be honest.

Macs and PCs are built to do the same things. Macs just do them better.

11. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

The voice over of the UK version sound so repressed. It's not even fun to watch.

The US version on the other hand still puts a big smile on my face. The voice over is very enthusiastic and the wording is just off the wall.

12. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

well you know the british. very very picky, indeed.

remember the whining about the power mac not being the fastest(?) personal computer (or to the same effect...)?

now they removed the word "dull" as not to make the british raise their voices again...

13. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

14. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac