PDA Recommendations for OSX

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Woodcrest64, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Woodcrest64 macrumors 6502a

Aug 14, 2006
    Just wondering what people recommend for PDAs that will run and sync with OSX applications.
  2. iPhil macrumors 68040

I would recommend the Palm Tungsten E2 but i got no real life use with it since i'm not allowed to use one during on the clock hours..

Since where i work I sell them too.. warranty info is 90 days parts/90 days labor thru palm :eek:

The E2 pda will sync with Mac :D
  3. shecky Guest

May 24, 2003
    Obviously you're not a golfer.
    blackberry. why have a separate phone and pda.
  4. akadmon macrumors 68010

Aug 30, 2006
    New England
    I like reading ebooks and a blackberry screen is just too small for that.

To the OP: Why limit yourself to something that syncs with OS X? I have a Pocket PC PDA and I get by just fine by syncing it in Boot Camp. But then again I don't sync that often, since I use it mostly as a pocket library.
  5. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

Mar 29, 2004
    Boston, MA
    palm zire 72. syncs perfectly via bluetooth or usb with OSX.

i might soon upgrade to a Palm TX. but that depends if Palm will expand their PDA business or if they abandon it completely:rolleyes:

because you get a good phone and a good PDA instead of a lousy mix of both. and using the pda doesn't drain your cell phone battery. but that's just my view. i'd rather have separate gadgets.
  6. shecky Guest

May 24, 2003
    Obviously you're not a golfer.
    absolutely, except that the BB works fantastically at both.
  7. Tinchohs macrumors newbie

Mar 5, 2007
    You can use any PocketPC PDA or Phone.

I currently use an iPaq 6515c (PocketPC) and synch it with 'Missing Sync'. It works perfectly. Perhaps when the iPhone is out I will give out mylast connection to the PC world. Enjoy!
  8. bloodycape macrumors 65816

Jun 18, 2005
    I actually would second the BB. And newer PDA phones do not have that much of an battery issues as they can last fairly long.

I would also suggest looking at anyone of the fine HTC devices like the, Hermes, Herald, or the Dash.
  9. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Jul 16, 2002
    What do you need it for? How much do you want to spend?
  10. BilltheCat macrumors regular

Jan 14, 2007
    Sanford FL
    I second that. my 7100i works very well at all things I use and sync's with my iMac also. I have used my BB for over a year now maybe almost 2? and the only phone that could make me change is the iPhone.

Tungsten dungsten!:D