PDA/Smart Phone

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Ktulu, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Ktulu macrumors regular

Ktulu

My wife is asking for a PDA/Smart Phone. I would like to get her one, however, I would like it to work/sync with iCal and Mail.-(or at least be able to access her comcast.net e-mail account directly)

Now I know she could simply get web access and check it periodically through the day, but she wants to be notified as soon as she has a new e-mail, automatically.

The iCal syncing would simply be so that she could put everything in to iCal and then transfer it to the device.

She also would like to be able to have digital notes, and lists available to her.

My question is, does anyone know which PDA/Smart Phones have this capability-(if any).

Thank you for your help. :)

2. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

I'm not an expert, but I think the Blackberries work better with Mac than anything running Windows Mobile. There's a program called Missing Sync that syncs a Blackberry with iCal and Address Book. Do a forum search, I'm sure this has been covered before by people more knowledgeable than I.

3. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

The Missing Sync is also available for Windows Mobile I believe. Palm doesn't have bad synchronization, either. That comes default with Hot Sync, but you can use it with iSync.

4. Ktulu thread starter macrumors regular

Ktulu

Thank you for your help. I will check out Missing Sync:D

5. Sawtoothdude macrumors regular

I would Recommend a Treo 650. It runs palm OS and i beleive works with iSync.

6. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

my treo 650 works awesome with the bluetooth syncing and using the bluetooth as a modem for gprs when in need. only thing it doesn't support is addressbook pictures but i don't care about that