PDA Suggestions Needed!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by JPigford, May 13, 2005.

1. JPigford macrumors newbie

I'm in the market for a new PDA and need some suggestions. The main thing it's got to have is bluetooth/isync capabilities or just something that is able to sync in some way/shape/form with iCal and Address Book atleast. Also wanting to keep the price as low as possible. I'm not really looking for the whole cell phone/pda combo though if there was something out there that was good enough...i MIGHT think about it.

2. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

My Palm Tungsten T3 syncs via BT on my PB with no issues. I have, at various times, synced it with Palm Desktop, iSync, and Entourage. I use Palm at the moment.

3. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

Second that.
    In my eyes the T3 is better than it's newer big brother the T5, and cheaper :) (if you can find it)
    I use it with iCal, Address book and iSync.
    It works a lot better in tiger now too (with itunes 4.8) as there are less devices to confuse it.
    I also sync ical to my mobile phone, a SE T630

4. JPigford thread starter macrumors newbie

Why would you say the T3 is better than the T5?

5. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

pick up any PDA magazine or go to any PDA review website, and i think i will be backed up.
    The T3 comes with a good leather screen flip and a dock and is virtually identical in terms of power.
    Look here and here

8.5 plays 7.5, your move!

6. JPigford thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you know of any place that actually compares the T3 to the T5?

7. JeffTL macrumors 6502a

NOT the Palm Tungsten C -- AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
    It looks like a nice one: good screen, Blackberry-style keyboard, WiFi....for two in a row for me, the screen spontaneously cracked after about eight months of careful, if serious, use.

Others have had the problem.