1. sstern1 macrumors member

I'm trying to decide what PDA to purchase for the new school year. I want one that can, if possible, sync with my PB 12" Rev. C. Bluetooth and Wireless are a must.

Any recommendations?

Scott

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

What's your price range? I've always been partial to Palm (now PalmOne) devices since they've worked well with Macs. The LifeDrive looks pretty sweet, and has the wireless and bluetooth you are looking for, but I've never used it.

3. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i'm using a zire 72 with my pb. syncs with isync via bluetooth.

works great for me. its 399 but there may be deals out there. got it for 299 with audible cupon.

andi

4. roadapple macrumors regular

There is a rumor that the lifedrive may be going to 6GB soon.

Oh, and new iBooks Tuesday :p

5. tuartboy macrumors 6502a

tuartboy

i find my toshiba e740 more of a gadget than a tool. it really has no use in a campus situation i feel. It's kind of cool because I can just whip it out and check my e-mail anywhere and stuff, but the screen size just blows for web and it's no note taker for sure. I have a PB for papers and notes, an ipod for music, a desktop for games and storage, and a mobile for calls. the truth is, i rarely find myself using my pda. If i could do it all over again, I wouldn't buy it.

Hate to be the bad seed, but go for it if you are sure. Or just want a toy... :)

6. cubist macrumors 68020

Palm M500's (515, 505) are available used cheaply and work fine with Macs, and are very small, light and reliable.

You might consider a Treo smartphone, since it will give you all the phone features plus the PDA features. Bulkier than the M500 tho.

Tungsten E looks nice, but reliability is a concern.

Forget PocketPC or whatever they call it these days. It is a baited hook from the dark side.

7. sstern1 thread starter macrumors member

I'd like to go as cheap as possible... What about the Dell Axim X30?