1. achie25 macrumors 6502

Sep 2, 2005
    Ok my wife really relies on her palm pda for work and her palm m125 just died. Her birthday is next weekend and she really needs a new pda.

We just bought a Mac and I am curious as to if Apple has anything that works better than a plam based OS? I would love to buy her an Ipod nano but she needs to be able to enter data away from the computer. Is a palm based OS the best way to go? And if so anyone have any personal suggestions?
  2. achie25 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 2, 2005
    I should expand on my previous post.

She uses it primarily for the datebook and address book features.
  3. KittenKrusher macrumors regular

Jul 24, 2005
    As far as I know Palm is the best way to go for what your describing, plus its the most compatible with OSX. One of the Zire's should suffice. I personally like the Tungsten T5 myself.
  4. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

Jul 26, 2005
    Another Palm to consider would be the Tungsten E2.
    Good luck!
  5. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Jun 26, 2004
    I live in a giant bucket!

She would be so retro and its an Apple!
  6. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005

I want one so hard!

It's real retro, yet people are developing OS X drivers for it.
    GROOVY! :)
  7. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Feb 2, 2005
    I used to have a Palm m500, my brother has a Zire 71, my dad has a Tungsten E, and none of us feel they were worth buying. Honestly, I'd just use a cell phone for mobile use. My Nokia N-Gage QD was free with a new plan in February, and it syncs with iCal and Address Book perfectly over Bluetooth using iSync. No drivers are needed, either: OS X automatically sends an iSync agent to the phone, it gets installed, and everything works perfectly. If I needed, I could install any number of Symbian OS applications on my phone and it would do just about everything a Palm could. Inputing new data on the go would be more painstaking, though.
  8. achie25 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 2, 2005
    yeah she really needs to input data at the hospital.
    One question what is a Newton and where can I see one?
  9. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

Aug 14, 2005
    The Hub of the Universe
    How about a cell phone/ PDA combo...
    I just bought the new Blackberry 7100 and I love it...
    Plus it has all the functions you're looking for and with an extra program (don't remember which, try a forum search) you can sync it perfectly to your Mac.
  10. sigamy macrumors 65816

Mar 7, 2003
    NJ USA
    I have a sony Clie TH55 that I could sell her.