PDF and Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iSpud, Feb 15, 2004.

1. iSpud macrumors member

Lately when I open a PDF link in Safari it opens it in Safari rather than in Preview. I only get a portion of the document as well. How do I open the document in preview?

<><

2. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

do you by any chance have that safari pdf plugin installed (and forgotten).? coz safari as such should not open pdf in its window..
    meantime

3. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

if you have the pdf plug-in installed, safari will show the entire pdf in its own window. if you don't have the pdf plug-in, but have set quicktime to handle the pdf mime type, you'll get a preview of the first page when you click a link to a pdf.

4. iSpud thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I had the Quicktime MIME settings set to work with PDF files. I unchecked that option and all is well. Thank you for your help

<><

5. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

6. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

I like the PDF plug in and it's ability to view the pdf in the browswer...but I cannot get it to print the pdf from the browser. All I get are blank pages. I have to download it to print. I wish the maker of the plugin would fix this. I have the most recent version and it still won't work. Better yet it would be nice if safari had this capability build in.