PDF Editor

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lexus, Oct 30, 2006.

1. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

I have a form I need to fill out and it is a PDF what app can I use to type into the PDF. Preferably something online as I am not near any shops.

Thank you very much

Lexus

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Doesn't Acrobat Reader (free) allow editing of PDFs that are created to be edited (typically forms)?

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

If you are filling out an existing PDF form, shouldn't the free Adobe (Acrobat) Reader do the job? Filling a PDF form is not editing the PDF itself

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/acrrfaq.html

"Q. Can I save Adobe PDF forms in Adobe Reader after I have filled out a PDF form?

A. Yes, provided your form has had the "local save" capability turned on with Adobe LiveCycle Reader Extensions. Team members both inside and outside an organization have access to and can interact with forms. You can easily open, fill out and submit PDF forms, even from handheld devices and over wireless connections. However, if the "local save" capability has not been activated in your PDF form, you will not be able to save the form data with Adobe Reader."

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

You're so slow, RAMmy.

Additionally, if you cannot fill it out with Acrobat Reader, then you can try Acrobat Professional, which is $$, or you may have to print it and fill it out the old fashioned way.. with a red crayon.

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly