PDF maker through windows?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by whyrichard, Sep 11, 2005.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

I know this is a mac forum, but i can't get onto any of the pc forums that might be useful in my first and mildly unfortunate foray into windows machines, necessitated by architecture programs....

anyway,

on windows, is there a quick and easy to use pdf maker? mac's version, through printing, is quite nice, but i would ideally like a way to consolidate many jpegs into a single pdf with many pages.....

any suggestions?

thank you good mac people.

and i want a nano too.

r.

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...a very simple way to do this on your Mac is to just paste all the jpg files you want into a textedit document and then save as pdf through the print function.

Sorry, I don't do windoze (at least not on my own time)....oh yeah!

3. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

There's a printing driver for Windows that allows PDF output. If I remember correctly, there's a free version, but it's somewhat basic. If you pay a few $ you'll get a better version with some more advanced options.

I'm afraid I don't remember the name... :(

OpenOffice.org can also generate PDF's if that's any help to you...

4. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

do you mean make a multi-page pdf with a jpeg image for each page? acrobat will do that, but that's not exactly free/shareware.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You can use Ghostscript and it's associated utilities to make PDFs for free in Windows. There are front ends to make this relatively simple, such as CutePDF. Hope that helps?

6. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

mucho gracias.

you all are fantastic. thanks for the leads!

try out tomorrow../

r.

7. sreedy macrumors 6502a

I use CutePDF, when I have to use a PC, which was free last time I looked and gives you a similar function to the Mac's printing to PDF. Basically it shows as a printer and you select that one for Windows Printing.

8. fradac macrumors regular

cutepdf

i third that, i use CUTEPDF on my pc and also in Virtual PC on my powerbook, works great.