PDF Online Forms

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Pascalv, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Pascalv macrumors newbie

Sep 17, 2005
    dear all,

i'm desperatly trying to find a tool to create online pdf form for my teachers to fill their report cards. I want a tool that allow the teacher to fill the rc from home, save his data to go back later save when it's done and send it to the administration for review. I want also this form to be completed sometimes by more than one teacher (students assessed by different teachers). Is there any tool that could allow me to do so ? Thanks for your help.
  2. Bear macrumors G3

Jul 23, 2002
    Sol III - Terra
    Adobe Acrobat (the version that costs $$$). I think to save filled in forms, you'll need some varient of the paid version for everyone.
  3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    I really really don't think PDF is the answer here.

In order to create a PDF that others can edit without Acrobat Pro or Standard you would have to use software like InDesign/Quark/Pages etc. and then Acrobat 7 Pro to enable user editing by all the others that have Acrobat Reader 7, nothing lower.

Furthermore, how exactly would they save it?

Maybe a web-based, more universal format would be more suitable for this purpose.

Edit: Every year, I have to do appraisals of some of my colleagues. These are all secure and password-protected web-based forms so that I can work on them anywhere and at any time. I can also save my work at any stage, go back and edit it etc. before submitting it. My employers organise this through a 3rd party company which collates all results before passing the data back to HR.