.pdf to .doc?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wmmk, Mar 21, 2007.

1. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

Hey everyone,
    I need a .pdf to .doc converter or a way to recover formatting in a pdf when copying to word. I typed up an outline for a paper, printed to pdf, and forgot to save as .doc. I feel like an idiot. Is there anything I can do?

2. szsiddiq macrumors 6502

szsiddiq

I've done this before too ;)
    There may be a program out there that does this, but not one that I know of. Sometime copy pasting the text straight forward does a good job. If you havent tried that, I would.

3. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

Zamzar will supposedly do this, but I tried it and have yet to receive an email with the converted file.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Adobe Acrobat will do it.

5. Angrist macrumors 6502

Yea, but not for free

6. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

I use an OCR program called Readiris for converting PDF's to .doc files. You can download a free 30 day trial. It costs $129 but I found that if you download the 30 trial they make an offer of 50% off, I don't know if they still do that. If this is all you need it for just use the free trial and don't buy.

Here

Zamzar looks pretty cool, never knew such a thing existed. I'll give that a try since it's free.

7. wmmk thread starter macrumors 68020

wmmk

hmm...
    I tired zamar, but haven't gotten an email yet. I can't exactly go out and buy adobe acrobat tonight. Anything else I could try?