PDF to jpeg

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Blubbert, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Blubbert macrumors 6502

Ok, i have a question for all, a conundrum if you will. I have downloaded the Heroes comics in PDF format from the internet, and am wondering if there is some way to extract the pages from it in jpeg format. I want to convert them to jpeg so i could have them in a cbz format and could read them from FFView.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I'm not 100% certain, but try opening it in preview then File->Save as

3. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

this does work. Photoshop will work as well (although it's not very good with multiple page PDF documents)

4. Blubbert thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, i have tried your suggestion, and its possible i am screwing it up somehow, because the first picture comes out perfectly, but the second and the ones following all suffer from a significant loss of quality, and reduction of size. The resolution of the first picture is 3200x4858, but the rest are 512x778.

5. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

When saving as jpeg, it asks you for the compression level, put it on maximum quality...

6. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

you will also need to save each page (if it is a multiple page document) separately and as a different name each time.

7. Blubbert thread starter macrumors 6502

I have tried to set it at maximum quality, and have even tried using different formats, such as jpeg-2000, and bmp, but the problem persists. As soon as i move on to the second page, all the images are saved in a lower resolution. I'll try and split the PDF into individual files and then use preview to save them one at a time.

8. Blubbert thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, i have split the PDF into pieces using PDFLab, and then went and used the save as function in Preview, but it didn't work. All the pictures are low res, which is annoying, because the source is extemely high quality.

9. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

As you have not said in you profile what computer you have, this only applies if you have a monitor large enough to display the PDFs fully. Try opening them in Preview and using Grab to copy the image, then use Preview again with Save as...

10. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

That's really weird. I've been playing around with different PDF documents and it lets me save them as jpegs just fine without a horrible loss in quality. What is the original physical size of the PDF document (in inches or metric)?

11. Blubbert thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, i have used grab, and it has finally worked, the pictures are great now. Thanks for all your help.