Peace

Discussion in 'Community' started by mymemory, Mar 17, 2003.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Bombs are gonna be dropped again, bullets are gonna hit things.

In April the 11th of 2002 I was in a march on the way of what would be our White House, we where no less than a million people asking for the president resignation. When I got there other 5.000 people were defending the presidential palace.

2 streets to get to the palace, one was safe, the other one had snipers on the buildings. When the president cancelled all TV channels the shooting started, people's head parts flying all over, just a block from where I was. I hold there for about an hour until I saw the police force leaving the place, then I realize it was time to go. My mother was there and we left. The way back was a war zone just like the movie "Black Hawk down" just in a more urban place just like L.A. or Atlanta (Caracas looks a lot like Atlanta GA.). Some how we got out of there.

That was a Thursday at 3pm, the military force took the president out for murder at 11pm the same day. Because the disaster of the new government by Saturday at 6pm the same assessing was back to the presidency by the same army that took him out.

The reasons for wars are many, but the lost even with victory or failure will always be there for the people that was there listening to the whispering of the bullets flying across, specially when you are holding hans with you family looking for a way out.

The only people that see war as a solution are the people that have never been in one, or people with a very low concept of what life really is.

A confrontation is necessary when there is no way out. Not because of oil, to test new armament or to stabilize the economy of your country.

In Iraq there are gonna be kids hiding under ground, young parents terrify by the noise of the bombs, old people with needs, no food, no water, no services for who know how long. No way to walk on the streets because of lost bullets. And then, the misery as the result of such terrible event.

This is a bit of what war really taste like for those who feel proud of it.

video2

In the video there is a policeman that was shoot on his head by the snipers, then the riot where I was minutes before. Next day I saw on TV the bodies of the guys laying on the floor, I remember some of them by my side from the day before.

My prayers for those families in Irak. I wish the survivers can live in peace in the near future.

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

im sorry to hear that man. i hope i never have to experince that. yes the people in iraq times will be hard during this war, but i honestly feel if get take care of this once and for all the iraqi people can live the life they want, which is without saddam.

iJon

3. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

unfortunately there isn't going to be peace for a very long time. at least thats what i think. i cant believe how people talk about war...oh i hope they just use planes so no ground troops get hurt. :rolleyes: sorry but i have more concern for the civilians that are gonna get slaughtered then any military personal, they enlisted in this war. if they wanna go fight and kill, i dont care. but keep your bullets and bombs away from the innocent.

actually if im gonna be honest i DO care about the military lives that will be lost....but i mostly care for the civilians... just cant come to terms with all this. i do feel that there has to be another way other then diplomatic or full blown war.

4. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

i agree but why use so much deadly force? it doesnt seem like a very efficient way to win a war....i mean, we are gonna crush them....but do we really need to? like ive been saying...there has to be a more precise way to do this instead of bombing the whole bloody country.

5. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Don't get yourself hurt man.

As for me I'll be afarid of sucid bombers so I'll be staying under-ground for the next 3 years.

If something happens, whoops.

6. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

what do you think should be done, besides sitting and let saddam stay in power.

iJon

7. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

I think it's funny that France hasn't offered him refuge to be in exile. I mean if they want peace so bad surely they could have done something. Also it's interesting to note that France, Germany, Russia, and China did not send delegates to Iraq to try to pursuade Saddam to give up his weapons because we're serious this time.

8. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

oh i guess you havent been following the lead up to this war. saddam doesnt want exile.