peer to peer

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by zakthemack, Sep 15, 2004.

1. zakthemack macrumors member

Sep 15, 2004
    Is there a peer to peer file sharing program available for the mac os? I just browsed the Kazaa site and it doesn't appear to be available for the mac. Thanks in advance.
  2. munkle macrumors 68030

Aug 7, 2004
    On a jet plane
    Check out this site by the people that brought you Macrumors ;)
  3. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Jul 15, 2004
    Daddy said not to talk to strangers
    I tryed some and think Acquisition to be the best on out there. If you want to download torrent files try Azureus or Tomato Torrent, but are good.
  4. yippy macrumors 68020

Mar 14, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I believe Lime Wire is a Mac compatibal P2P. I also here it can mess up your Mac by acting a bit like spyware or something, but I realy don't know anything because I have never used P2P.
  5. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    Don't use LimeWire for Mac P2P, it's a bloated pile of crap. Acquisition is based on the LimeWire core, and so they are functionally the same, but Acquisition has a strond development team and is a very nice P2P app IMHO.
  6. paxtonandrew macrumors 6502

May 10, 2004
    I Come From A Land Down Under
    I agree with what has been said about Acquisition, it is the best IHMO. This Thread had a recent discussion about them.
  7. dejaentendu macrumors newbie

Aug 4, 2004
    Roseville, CA/Santa Barbara, CA
    Well I'm glad I read this thread (and the one linked in the post above). I've been using LimeWire ever since I switched to a Mac last month, but just downloaded (and registered) Acquisition. Seems to work really well. Thanks for the recommendation.
  8. t300 macrumors 6502a

Apr 10, 2004
    I was in the same boat...Then i found Acquisition and haven't turned back since!
  9. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

Aug 6, 2002
    Yeah I also use Acquisition but I find the nags so annoying :p
    It phones home so no pirating (kinda ironic ay, something that can't be pirated can pirate everything else :rolleyes: ) for this piece of software.
    I also use Limewire because sometimes it gets better servers than AQ.

And remember, don't pirate stuff...
  10. MacAficionado macrumors 6502

Oct 5, 2002
    An awesome place
    How about this one?

Anybody has any bad experiences with this one.

I used it last night and it seems to be pretty good.

xFactor :)
  11. Kevlar macrumors 6502

Apr 5, 2004
    Great White North
    Xfactor is a great p2p app using the giFT daemon to connect to openFT, gnutella, and fasttrack. And when giFT .12 comes out it will be capable of connecting to soo much more :eek: . But I also may be a little bit biased ;)
  12. Porsche macrumors newbie

Sep 7, 2003
    Connecticut, USA
    I recently discovered acqlite and have been using it exclusively ever since. It's a free (GPL) based on Acquisition, only without the nag dialogs. Same functionality and style, different app and price (free!).