Pelosi Says She Would Drain GOP 'Swamp'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Oct 6, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

AP

the planless democrats have a plan...

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

So when are the Democrats going to come up with a plan? :p

I'm sure that will still be the talking point, despite the Democrats actually having a plan.

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

I always think Dems do have plans, lets say iraq:
    Dems plan including phase withdraw, bring iran, syria, into talk, press iraqi gov (by telling them US will withdraw in 1-2 years), these are exactly plans, effective ones. There isn't one silver bullet plan, but all the ideas are there, you can debate and try.
    Repubs only have a "stay in course", which doesn't provide any viable solution for the situation, stay in course of what? watching? baby sitting a civil war? stay there getting killed? and they don't allow debating of other plans...

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

A very ambitious plan, and taken on its face, I like it.

I'll believe that part about breaking the link between lobbyists and legislation when I see it, however. Until that happens, the rest of that agenda is only so much talk.

I'm not trying to be down on the Dems. I'm just saying Pelosi is talking a much better game than the Dems been playing in recent years. If she's gonna talk like that, she'd better be prepared to put her money where her mouth is.

5. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

*hears right-wing shrieking* :p

7. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

President Pelosi - LMAO

She is about as charasmatic as a Dell laptop. IMO, she is one of the Dems biggest problems.

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Why? Because she's about as liberal as Tom DeLay was conservative? And they both have more charisma than Denny Hastert.

With that kind of track record, why couldn't she be just as effective in a leadership role as DeLay? Is it because she's a woman? Or because she's a "San Francisco Liberal"?

'Cuz I don't remember a lot of righties complaining that DeLay was too conservative for his role...

9. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

i don't understand what issue u guys have with her? Prez Pelosi is 100000 times better than Prez Hastert, the big, fat, having difficult walking high school wrestling coach, everybody know high school wrestling coach are more capable of being pedophiles, lol

10. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

How is a wrestling couch more capable of being a pedophile?

Do you mean coach? Couch is a piece of furnature... :D

11. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

:D:D:D:D
    are u satisfied with Kinky's performance last night?