Pen on a touchpad

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by javabear90, Apr 3, 2004.

1. javabear90 macrumors 6502a

javabear90

I am wondering if this will be possible.... I would like to use some type of pen or styulus to write on my trackpad of my 17" pb, I have tried using a stulus. and one wraped in alluminum foil. How does a trackpad work? does it use heat, electricity, pressure... etc to read your finger. Well anyway I think it would be neat to have a graphic pad built into a laptop and a trackpad is already one. I am starting a carrtoon thingy with my friend and I don't want to buy a specail pad.

Thanks guys,
    Ted

2. javabear90 thread starter macrumors 6502a

javabear90

well it seams if I put a piece of foil down and touch the foil that the pad will work. So I think it might be electrical but i dunnno.

3. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

you need a tablet to do stuff like that. I have seen them as low as 80$.

4. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

It uses little electric currents. It's funny when you try to move the mouse using a bit of cloth or your T-shirt or something - it doesn't work! Foil will work because it's metal, but I'd do what Blue&WhiteMan said and get a tablet. I have the Wacom Graphire2 consumer pad - it functions as a good mouse too - and included Photoshop Elements 2.0 for free with it. I think it's really good and would certainly be more accurate than trying to simulate using the trackpad.