pen with a clicker

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by AWishForNoOne, Apr 9, 2003.

1. AWishForNoOne macrumors member

couldn't apple use a pen with a clicker on it so it could be more functional like being able to hold it down and get more options and stuff... i dunno just a thought

actually now that i think more about it it wouldn't add many new functions but still just an idea

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

There is a usb pen like input device and you can also get a tablet with a pen. As for making it standard, well, I think the mouse is always going to be part of the shipped system.

D

3. cubist macrumors 68020

Where I used to work we got tablets because we thought, 'we'll digitize the staff's signatures this way'... As it turns out, the hand-eye disconnect is too great to overcome. It's bad enough with a mouse - if you try to do any real precision work, you find that mice are very crude - but with the pen, it gets worse. Everyone who tried it was astonished that they were unable to sign their name legibly.

Now if there is a screen in the pad, like the horrifically expensive Cintiq, the hand-eye disconnect mostly goes away...

4. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

can u imagine how expensive it'll get if apple were to build touch screens into their entire LCD line..;)

first post btw, hi everyone...:)