Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macstrosity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
New Orleans
With all this hubbub about MBP updates I can't help but wonder when the next MB update will be. I know it just had the bump to Santa Rosa but when will it see the current chipset paired with the 45nm Penryn chips? Any ideas/speculations? What about the possibility of LED backlighting? I know this may be unnecessary on a smaller screen, but any battery improvement is good. What about the new trackpad or a backlit keyboard? I just wanted to create a platform for MB refresh thoughts!

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
man we cant even figure out when the macbook pro will get this...we dont have ANY clue as to when the macbook will...november 09?? maybe...

Macstrosity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
New Orleans
Waiting...

I just hate waiting and guessing...like everyone else. I want to give in and get a BlackBook but who knows if something better is just around the corner. I suppose I will wait as many tuesdays as I can until my head explodes. The upside is that Macs have great resell value so you can recoop some price on the newest models.

RamenBooko

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Just buy. If you are within your 14 day refund limit, then switch it up. Otherwise, you are going to be stuck in this "waiting for the latest and greatest" loop forever, and will never be satisfied.

spyz88

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
With all this hubbub about MBP updates I can't help but wonder when the next MB update will be. I know it just had the bump to Santa Rosa but when will it see the current chipset paired with the 45nm Penryn chips? Any ideas/speculations? What about the possibility of LED backlighting? I know this may be unnecessary on a smaller screen, but any battery improvement is good. What about the new trackpad or a backlit keyboard? I just wanted to create a platform for MB refresh thoughts!

The MacBook Air has all of that. Well except the Penryn processors ;)

Macstrosity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
New Orleans
Small HDD

The MacBook Air has all of that. Well except the Penryn processors ;)
<br>
I would totally spring for the MBA but I just cant get over the small HDD, 120 I could do but 80 just isn't enough fro me. How do you get around having a small(er than usual) HDD?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.