Pentagon official distorted intelligence

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sayhey, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

May 22, 2003
    San Francisco
  2. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Jul 4, 2004
    The Pentagon seems to have its own agenda sometimes, especially when it comes to the role that they want to play in world politics.

I wonder why more books aren't written about what kind of culture exists at the highest levels of the military.
  3. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    So much for that whole "he knew as much as I did" argument Bush. Tell that to Richard Clarke, et al. This report just confirms what a lot of us already knew. Why do I have the feeling people are going to be talking about something stupid Teresa said instead of something important like this? :rolleyes:
  4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Jul 16, 2002
    This is a partisan report, timed for political effect, as Republicans will happily tell us -- but it does represent at least part of the other half of the intelligence report the Senate failed to release earlier this year due to party differences over content and conclusions. I wouldn't be surprised at this point to see the Republicans release their own version, tit-for-tat, instead of the joint report anticipated for release after the election. As for how it gets played, I think the forecast of not very prominently is accurate. The LA Times ran this story on page 18 this morning.