Pentagon pays Chalabi group for dubious data

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Mar 11, 2004.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

is anyone as outraged by this as i am? from the group that has now admitted they made up crap about saddam so bush would invade, because "the ends justify the means," we're still paying them some $4 million / year to make up crap.

i can make up some crap for half that!

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Apparently you aren't the first to think of that either...

And if that story makes you mad; well you probably don't want to read this one.

4. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

hmmm, and ~600 are being held in Guantanamo for no reason at all. It sort of makes you wonder if gw's aims are for the good of the country or for the good of his re-election. Well, in all honesty, it doesn't make me wonder at all!

Why do they keep supporting Chalabi? Is he simply the lesser of all evils, if so then they are in very deep doo doo, because his own goals of ruling Iraq seem to take precedence over all other goals.

5. toontra macrumors 6502

This is almost unbelievable. Th crook largely responsible for providing the WH with "intelligence" it needed to justify war (which all turns out to be s**t) is then financially rewarded?

Just when you thought your cynicism could get no worse!!

6. wwworry macrumors regular

How fake can fake intelligence get? It is abundantly clear that the White House misled us to war. The major media players seem a bit reluctant to call the president on it but I think the general public knows it was sold out.

The New Pentagon Papers