Pentagon Says Bush Records of Service Were Destroyed

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jul 8, 2004.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

how convenient.

2. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Glad that Moore has at least one piece that is not even blacked out.

Bush milked the system. He did everything he could to avoid going to Vietnam. Daddy covered his butt for him back then.

3. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

oh, I believe them! I'm sure it was a harmless mistake...

yeah, mmhmm. :rolleyes:

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

God is on his side.

5. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Yeah, well it is hard to destroy something that didn't exist :p

6. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

Actually they also inavertantly destroyed my medical records. Luckily I made copies of everything and had my own set. Well most everything some of them shots were made in areas without copy machines and they don't let you keep their copies.

7. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

But easy apparently to get a purple heart for a razor cut. At least for some people.[​IMG]

8. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

hmmm, I find it funny that conservatives would criticize a man who actually fought in Vietnam and yet not have any problems with the record of a guy who AWOLed from his strings-pulled Coast Guard cop-out. :rolleyes:

Funny thing, last time I checked, you weren't the POTUS whose record was being questioned...When it happens to you, it's an inconvenience. When it happens to Bush after those very same records have caused a controversy, it's a cover-up.

The coincidence that by sheer luck Bush got such a break is laughable at best.

9. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

First off there is no proof that Bush was AWOL if he had been AWOL then he would never of been honorably discharged.

Second off the doctor who swabbed Kerry's wound said it was not serious enough to warrent medical care thus did not deserve a purple heart.

Kerry has no honor, integrity or character.

BTW latest controversy kerry was quoted saying that he thinks that life begins at conception, but while he himself thinks it is murder to committ adultery he doesn't think legislation should force other people to stop having abortions. I'm not arguing when life begins, because I don't know. However, if Kerry believes it begins at conception and he believes aborting it is murder, thus his standing on the law is that people should be free to commit murder.

Those of you who think wellfare mothers be enforced sterilized so as to prevent more leaches on society is a rotten idea should also be disgusted by Kerry's point of view.

He'll change his mind later after his experts gets done running a fine tooth comb through the polls and his opinion will change conveniently to one that the majority of voters want him to think.

10. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

He got the Coast Guard gig in the first place because his father was well-connected. AWOL or not, George W. was going to be dishonorably discharged because George H.W. was George H.W.

He didn't give himself a purple heart. The military decided to give it to him based on reports filed by doctors, right? Therefore, the person who had the responsibility to make the judgment call thought he was deserving and that's what counts.

I don't know what merits a purple heart and what doesn't, but Kerry did get shrapnel injuries of some sort and government officials did think that he was deserving of a purple heart. It's probably somewhat subjective, unlike being AWOL.

I would say the same of Mr. Bush.

He simply said that this conclusion on his part was reached based purely on religious beliefs and therefore it would be wrong for him to consider it when making a governmental decision. Because Congress shall (supposedly) make no law regarding religion, Kerry feels that he is duty-bound to avoid injecting his own religious beliefs into law-making. If anything, it is a mature and well-reasoned perspective that protects people who aren't Christian, like me, from a whole slew of religious legislation in a country that claims to be secular.

First of all, are you saying that people who support mandatory sterilization should be disgusted by Kerry or the opposite? Your use of negatives makes it sound like a friend of mandatory sterilization is no friend of Kerry. If that's the case, then I agree with you! I don't support mandatory sterilization and I support Kerry. Certainly, if you support mandatorily sterilizing welfare mothers, you probably shouldn't go with Kerry.

On the other hand, if you're insinuating that John Kerry supports mandatory sterilization of welfare mothers, then I'd like you to produce proof for that grave accusation. I see nothing of the sort in his platform.

You know, intelligent people are flexible enough to change their minds on issues as time and new information is produced. On the other hand, the people who believe that all decisions should be derived directly from one's own intractable, religiously-based, moral dogma would neither compromise nor reconsider. Since Bush doesn't examine evidence all that much but seems just to go off on his own fancies and whims, seeking and embracing the evidence to corroborate his presupposed position, then of course he'd never change his mind. He fits the evidence to his decision, while Kerry fits his decision to the substantive evidence available at any given time.

Real, thoughtful human beings change their opinions from time to time.

11. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

that is because they "accidentally" deleted it :p

12. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

That would be unusual. I say that because of what your postings would make your age at.

I will say that as a military dependent, MY MEDICAL RECORDS WERE DESTROYED back in the 70's or 80's.

I will also say that unless there has been substantial changes since the 80's the military was very protective of the medical records.

The real issue is with Bush. He made an issue of his ANG stint. There were real questions as to what and where he was doing what he should have doing. ALL TO CONVENIENT THAT THOSE RECORDS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

Bush is just showing that he is no able to stand on his past record.

13. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Can you prove this other than Drudge or some opinion piece?

14. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Talk with those that actually served in NG units back then. It was a matter of who you knew and how much money that backed that "who:".

Can you you name a source that is not Drudge or the Wash Times, or FOX for this?

No bearing in this thread,

Provide references to the posts?

Better than a lying President that used "faulty" data. As I said in another thread. The left is closer to the heart. Remember that heart attacks are shown through pain in the left arm. I would prefer"heart' over "brain".

15. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

To clear the air, Volton/Slyhunter has/does advocate forced sterilisation for women on welfare, IIRC.

But what does that or John Kerry have to do with Bush being unable to prove he served his duty in the Guard and there being an uncanny and unfolding set of circumstances making sure no one can prove he didn't?

16. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Patriotism seems to be an issue in Bush's themes.

I have a problem with someone that refuses to show up for a flight physical. I also have an issue with an active member of the ANG that refuses to get certified for newer aircraft.

It gives the impression that the ANG was not a "real" commitment for Bush Jr.

I am not sure things have changed, but I hope so. If my tax dollars are going to train ANG pilots they better show up for the physical and maintain certification for the current aircraft being flown.

17. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

Proof he did is his honarable discharge. They didn't lose that!

18. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

And a true patriot makes damn sure he at least has that honorable discharge to point to.

I'm sure we're about to hear the contrast between "brave Bush" who got his HD from the TANG defending the Rio Grande from an impending invasion but can't prove he actually showed up and "coward Kerry" who got wounded three times in combat with Vietnamese Communists but got a medal for minor injuries that had him back in active duty with no time lost.

Those ****ing cowards with their Purple Hearts! What kind of leadership does that demonstrate?

19. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

it reeks of fear. bush/cheney are terrified of kerry/edwards.