Pentagon Says Iraq Effort Limits Ability to Fight Other Conflicts

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, May 3, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

good thing iran and NK aren't rattling their nuclear sabers right now. oh, wait...

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

A couple years ago I noted that if anyone wanted to plan an attack on American interests they'd have a good 3-5 years while we occupied ourselves in Mess-o-potamia. The US can't take on any other non-critical military missions right now, so all you dictators (who haven't figured this out yet) who want to oppress your people, nows the time. And god forbid something happen on the Korean peninsula.

3. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

Good. It will keep the war mongering Bush administration hog tied for a while.

4. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

i'm not convinced that realities factor into his decision-making progress.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

No, it won't stop them from mongering anything, but it does mean our country is at a higher risk of being jumped by a third country while we're busy in Mess-o-potamia.

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

What kills me is that when Clinton was president they were hollering about our condition of "unreadiness". Yet thanks to Dubya, we have less soldiers than at any time I can remember...and thanks to Bush's war, we're discouraging young men and women from signing up, in droves.

And why not? As Michael Moore asks, "Will they every trust us again?"