People are actually buying ROKRs?!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by iMeowbot, Oct 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Link.

It is sort of surprising, since all the analysts were saying it was some kind of huge disappointment.

2. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

Well, I'm not getting one but this is good for Apple. I heard they get something like 7 bucks per phone sold or something like that. I'm glad it's not a flop though it probably should be.

3. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

"strongest in Europe"?

That's even more suprising, to me.

4. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

That is very surprising. Steve practically held the thing at arm's length with tongs at the introductory event. Plus, it only holds 100 songs, loads at USB 1 speeds, looks like a toaster from 1952 and I understand that the interface is really really show. Maybe the next iteration will be really cool.

5. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

Still stuggling to understand why they went with the ROKR. Unless SJ was testing his relaitionship with Motorola or testing some part of the way itunes will be licensed for other devices....

Everyone I know goes "euw" when presented with that phone.

6. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I was thinking the same thing. The only thing I could think of is this was a good way for Apple to get started to see how it would actually fare.

7. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I just assumed that many Americans have more iPods (because they're 'cheaper?') and are less likely to get such a cell. I don't know though... :eek:

8. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

True... although the commercials w/ the dancing 'reflections' was the most excited I've ever seen my bf get over anything Apple (he's probably turned off by the whole Apple-thing since I'm so Apple-centric).

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Well, it's actually a decent enough phone if you look at it just as that. Long battery life, good sound quality, the fact that it runs iTunes is just a bonus. The camera kinda sucks, but most people don't care about stuff like that. I thought about getting one since they're free after rebate if you buy it from Buy.com, but I'm hoping a new one is introduced in the next couple of months. Like a RAZR with iTunes. Maybe a better camera, and preferrably USB 2, but 100 songs is fine with me. My Shuffle plays about that amount, and I love it.

10. emw macrumors G4

emw

A lady I work with has one and loves it. It's really not too bad, for a motorola design. The 100 song limit is a little ridiculous, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.