People At AOL Dislike Bill Gates

Discussion in 'Community' started by TEG, Sep 21, 2004.

1. TEG macrumors 604

Jan 21, 2002
    Langley, Washington
    On AIM, there is an automated user "smarterchild" that you can communicate with. Additionally, Smarterchild has a library of facts and data available for your access.

Today I was just typing in random Phrases, and Put in "Bill Gates"

SM Replied

I know about Bill Gates. I don't like Bill Gates

I just thought it was interesting. BTW SmarterChild Likes Steve Jobs, Star Trek, and Star Wars.

Try it and see what other interesting things it says about other famous people and TV Shows.

Attached Files:

2. cb911 macrumors 601

Mar 12, 2002
    BrisVegas, Australia
    ha ha. LOL. :D i never knew about SmarterChild. now i'm having it interview me. :D :p

funny stuff... :p
  3. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Apr 10, 2003
    The "Garden" state
    damn, thats creepy, im talking to it now....

edit: it says bill gates is a terrible person.
  4. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

Aug 5, 2003
    it has been there

One year, 5 months, 16 days, 6 hours, 56 minutes and 48 seconds!

it was 1 minute ago...

just ask "How old are you?" :)

it's like doctor from
  5. crenz macrumors 6502a

Jul 3, 2003
    Shanghai, China
    It probably gets its results from search engines, somewhat like Google Definitions (searching for "Bill Gates is ..."). But sounds funny, nonetheless. Can't try it out though - I don't have AOL.
  6. rueyeet macrumors 65816

Jun 10, 2003
    In Word 6.0 and 97 for Windows, if you typed in "I'd like to see Bill Gates dead" and hit Shift + F7 to bring up the Thesaurus, the first entry was: "I'll drink to that."

Apparently not everyone at Microsoft's all that fond of the man either. :)
  7. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

Nov 19, 2003
    I've been using smarterchild for a while to leave offline messege for my buds :D
  8. apple2991 macrumors 6502

May 20, 2004
    Yeah. Although I'm not sure who runs SmarterChild, I don't think it is AOL itself. But what it does is it takes a collective of everything people have said to it over all of its conversations. Like, if I said "Do you know John Doe?", he would say "No," until I tell him about who John Doe is. This means that someone or some people talked to SmarterChild about Bill Gates, and said negative things.

P.S. It used to (and maybe still does) say the same thing about the word "n*gger", and I think some other racial slurs. Just try different things out.
  9. cb911 macrumors 601

Mar 12, 2002
    BrisVegas, Australia
    if it gets it's results from Google... you should ask it about 'who's a bastard' or 'biggest group of bastards' or just 'bastards'. it might give you 'SCO' as the answer. :eek:

well, at least Google thinks so. LOL. :D
  10. haiggy macrumors 65816

Aug 20, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    I have had him on my hotmail account before. If you type in games etc (if this is the same thing) you can play games with it. You can also find out sport scores and everything. Its pretty neat. I have had a lot of fun with that thing.