Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tkmcguire1

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2009
Oklahoma
According to the latest Articles we won't see a new mini till Oct,that's 9 mos away.
Just buy the mini that's out now(I have it and LOVE IT!) and resell if you want to get the one in Oct,Apple puts out new upgrades every yr,if you are always waiting for the NEXT upgrade,it can be a long wait.
If you have the money just buy it and enjoy it now!

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
Crazy for thinking a new iPad mini is coming out in march.

Why? No one other than Apple know when their next products will be released. The only thing anyone on this forum knows is that there'll be a new mini some time between March and November 2013.

bova80

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Why? No one other than Apple know when their next products will be released. The only thing anyone on this forum knows is that there'll be a new mini some time between March and November 2013.

They can't even keep supply up for this one let alone a new one in a month.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
It'd probably be a good idea to sell your iPad 2, the money from which you can use to buy either an iPad Mini 2 or an iPad 4 :)

----------

Is the mini screen bearable if you're used to the retina of an iphone?

After having my iPhone for a year I got a non-retina tablet and the screen seemed fine :)

Donia330i

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013

I thought I read a few articles on here that there would be a march release of both the mini 2 and iPad 5 clearly I was wrong. As of today I see people a saying October may be the next launch. If that's the case I will probably keep my iPad 2 and get the iphone 5s to replace my 4s when released and then just wait to see the specs on the new mini and hopefully what the newly designed iPad 5 looks like.

----------

It is for me. Your experience may vary.
I have a 4s and iPad 2, while yes the iPhone is clearier it isn't really a deal breaker for me.

I only really notice when playing games.

----------

Crazy for thinking a new iPad mini is coming out in march.
See above

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
They can't even keep supply up for this one let alone a new one in a month.

So what will they release in the first half of this year? They've updated their entire product range except Apple TV in the last 6 months but many people don't expect a new Apple TV in March either.

guitarmandp

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
Get what you need and enjoy being crazy, it's more fun than being dull ... And miserable because you haven't got what you need.

If you are getting iPhone, I recommend trying the ipad4 before deciding on a mini. I would sell the 2, 16GB is close to useless now and will only get worse.

I've got a 16GB iPad mini and it's fine. The only thing I use it for iMessages, Web, email, facebook, and twitter.

If your not watching a bunch of videos, storage a ton of photos, listening to a lot of music, and downloading games that take up a gig a pop 16 gig is fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.